3.04.2010

To know oneself...

"Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have." Doris Mortman

I was so restless with who I really am. Until I started, and its slowly moving along, to try and discover myself, I found that I was unable to really be happy. Today I still get restless and unable to be happy sometimes. Today I know that it is not what I want that can make me happy, to be happy I need to love what I have, myself and what is around me.

We do not choose to have this disease. I didnt sign up for this, but this is the hand I am dealt and with that, I must choose to be sober. Choose to be honest and sane.

Today I am grateful for:

  • My small understanding of what is going on in my life.
  • Still learning daily...
  • ...and being glad to learn.
  • Feeling like I am still an infant in sobriety, but knowing I can still help someone else.
  • My family being provided for by my job, and God blessing us.

No comments:

Post a Comment