9.25.2009

Random thoughts....

I think that in sobriety as well as when we were drinking we can feel somethings are just like they were when we were drinking...in other words, we can scheme and manipulate just as well without drinking. That is the hardest part in sobriety, is to actually change behavior and not just "go with what you know". If we as alcoholics always went with what we know we would have the same problems we had while drinking. We learned to go with what we know WHILE we were drinking. So the problem then becomes, how do we change. It takes patience, practice and perseverance. What I know today is the sometimes I need to take the contrary action to what I am thinking. Make a mental note and do the opposite. Putting my needs and want to the side, what is the real reason this is going on? How do I react to this without being selfish or manipulative. It takes practice, but so many have done it that I know I can, with the help of God...

Today I am grateful for:
  • A hopefully relaxing weekend...
  • My home office being set up and the peace it gives me working here...
  • Time to reflect and work on me each day...
  • My noon meeting and some of the things I heard there...
  • Turning problems over to God and letting him work them out...

No comments:

Post a Comment