7.06.2009

Feeling it...

I was at a meeting yesterday and the speaker spoke of intellectual sobriety and emotional sobriety. He shared how you can know something in the head, but not FEEL it and still be lost. That is where I am today. I don't know that I FEEL sobriety, and the only way for me to continue to do this is to sit in my feelings and actually have some meditation and FEEL what I am doing. It was great to hear someone explain that to me so I could actually understand the difference. I am going to sit more, listen more and hopefully feel more in my sobriety.

Today I am grateful for:
  • My loving wife and daughter, the trust that keeps coming even though I have broken a lot of it.
  • My phone call to a sober person yesterday that I hope helps someone dying of our addiction.
  • The restful weekend and the renewed energy I feel at work today.
  • Positive thoughts of a great week to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment