7.28.2009

For the better...

The AA group exists to help all alcoholics find a better life. To be in the group is the only way to stay sober. I was listening to a speaker on my I POD last night as I was falling asleep and I heard him say that alcohol is not our problem, alcoholism is. Normal people when they have a problem with alcohol stop and their life gets better and they get happier. An alcoholic, whose thoughts and processes are pretty screwed up, who stops drinking and doesn't work a program just gets angry and hates their life. The program has allowed us to understand how to live a HAPPY life without alcohol. To treat people with respect and dignity. Also, the addict stopped growing emotionally when their addiction set in. You are stuck at your last point of when your addiction started unless you work a program. The most important part of our growth is trusting God. I can do this today, I can do this one day at a time.

Today I am grateful for:
  • Maybe finding an office to be in while my job figures out where to put us all.
  • My sunburn healing a bit...
  • Sleeping in a little after our guests left town.
  • My brother in law and his example as a father and friend.
  • My wife's amazing motherhood.
  • God really is doing for me what I cannot do for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment