7.19.2009

Serenity NOW!

My Saturday meeting is about serenity in relationships, something the alcoholic knows nothing about. As we are in recovery we learn how to pause, react differently and try to listen more. The most important thing I am learning is that I cannot control other people's choices or actions. It is easy for me to judge or get angry or say you should do this...but the reality is that in order to maintain serenity we cannot do that. One day at a time I am growing and learning how better to stop and listen than to interact in a negative way.

Today I am grateful for:
  • My new book.
  • The movie night last night with my wife, even though the movie was pretty strange.
  • My daughter playing happily in her crib when mom and I overslept!
  • Learning that the first two relationships I have to fix in sobriety are the ones I have with my Higher Power and with MYSELF!

1 comment:

  1. Those twisted relationships with others gets me often. Gotta stay alert and spiritually fit!

    ReplyDelete