2.07.2010

The blame game...

"He that is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." Benjamin Franklin

When I was drinking it was always someone else's fault. There was never responsibility on my part. I made excuses for everything and everyone. Never was it my fault or something that I could have prevented. Today in sobriety I try not to make excuses, I pause and react and see my part in things. When I say I am going to do something, I really make an effort to do it. When I don't I try my hardest not to excuse my behavior. I feel this is something we as people work long and hard at...

I believe we all try and make excuses, whether we are alcoholics or not, and that when we truly sit in our feelings and emotions we can see what the real problem is or was. That is what I strive for everyday, not making excuses and accepting me for me, and others for themselves.

Today I am grateful for:
  • Being sober for Superbowl.
  • My reset button.
  • The speaker which spoke of insanity and how much I related last night.
  • Slowly learning not to be critical.

No comments:

Post a Comment