2.20.2010

Mr progress..

Sometimes for me I see way more progress than some others see in me, and sometimes it is the other way around. I am not sure how to do this thing, so I am learning one day at a time to trust others.

My sponsor and I met today, and frankly the beginning was a little tense. We talked thru a character defect I had, one that I thought I was making progress on, and one which he still saw in me clearly. On one hand, I had made progress, however I still need to work on things, which is the problem I ran into whenever I relapse. This disease is cunning and baffling, and trust me if you don't take stock of it daily, it will beat you.

Today I am grateful for:
  • My wife and I being married for 6 years. I love her and she really helps me to be a better me.
  • The opportunity to spend time with her tonight on a "date" something I wouldn't be able to do if I was still drinking.
  • My sponsor and his words, both kind and unkind. They help ground me.
  • God slowly changing me, and reminding me to slow down son....

No comments:

Post a Comment