In life as long as we suit up and show up, and move forward, we are trying. In the program it is very much the same. I had a hard weekend. I felt I flew off the handle a bit, and maybe didnt work my program as hard as I should. But I didnt drink, I tried and each night my head hit the pillow, something was better.
I tried to connect with my Higher Power, whom I call God, on a daily basis. Truly us Humans are disconnected from God, unless we take the time and reconnect on a daily basis. For us alcoholics, sometimes it is hourly.
I am not sure how to best do this program. I trust God, clean house and try to help others. In that way I am making progress, not perfection.
Today I am grateful for:
- My wife taking care of my daughter this morning, it was my turn but I was tired.
- My life moving in the right direction, and me not doing anything but listening and letting it...
- ...my love of myself growing.
- Fitting into some old jeans...
- Patience being practiced...
- ...not perfected.