2.22.2010

Keep on trudging...

"I am not a saint, unless you think of a saint as a sinner who keeps trying." Nelson Mandela

In life as long as we suit up and show up, and move forward, we are trying. In the program it is very much the same. I had a hard weekend. I felt I flew off the handle a bit, and maybe didnt work my program as hard as I should. But I didnt drink, I tried and each night my head hit the pillow, something was better.

I tried to connect with my Higher Power, whom I call God, on a daily basis. Truly us Humans are disconnected from God, unless we take the time and reconnect on a daily basis. For us alcoholics, sometimes it is hourly.

I am not sure how to best do this program. I trust God, clean house and try to help others. In that way I am making progress, not perfection.

Today I am grateful for:
  • My wife taking care of my daughter this morning, it was my turn but I was tired.
  • My life moving in the right direction, and me not doing anything but listening and letting it...
  • ...my love of myself growing.
  • Fitting into some old jeans...
  • Patience being practiced...
  • ...not perfected.

1 comment: