2.05.2010

Humble Pie..

"Where humility formerly stood for a forced feeding on humble pie, it now begins to mean the nourishing ingredient that can give us serenity." Twelve steps and twelve traditions of AA. pg. 74

There is a famous football star that has his own line of clothing and on the shirts it says.."I love Me some ME." That was me when I drank. I was the coolest, best looking, funniest, wittiest, and down right awesome person ever, and I made sure to tell you. In sobriety I am learning that I really had no self love at all....I hated myself.

I have heard many times in the rooms, "For someone who thought so little of themselves, I sure thought a lot about myself." That was me to the tee...never was I able to really love myself. The "it" I found that helped me with that was alcohol.

I am learning to love myself and be humble. It is such a long road that I must journey one day at a time.

Today I am grateful for:
  • Making plans for our anniversary dinner, and knowing I have the tools to stay sober till then, and have a great time.
  • My daughter and her cheery personality in the morning.
  • Not obsessing so much on a problem I am having, giving it to God.
  • Progress not perfection.

1 comment:

  1. Jason I am sorta glad I have ne experiences with you drinking...the my memories of you are all very selfless..all very much about looking at people around you. Of inclusion, of love, of fun, of kindness. Is'nt it funny how we each how both parts? I mean it's really a matter of choosing which master we are going to serve.

    ReplyDelete