2.17.2010

Cleaning House..

"The Past: Our cradle, not our prison; there is danger as well as appeal in its glamour. The past is for inspiration, not imitation, for continuation, not repetition." Israel Zangwill

The program teaches us to embrace our past, and not to forget it. There is a fine line, however in "romanticizing" the past. Thinking of all the "good" times we had, and not remembering the after effects of what we had done.

Today I use my past as experience, not as something to try and re live. I am not going to score the winning touchdown at homecoming anymore, not that I ever did, but you know what I mean. Accepting that today is meant to be a learning and growth experience, and that the past is to be used as a teacher, will help me to change my behavior. All of us can benefit from this, in or out of the program, using the past to help not to dream it happens again...

Today I am grateful for:
  • My daughter and her love this morning.
  • Getting better one day at a time...
  • ...never more than a day at a time...
  • ....sometimes 10 minutes at a time!
  • My Higher Power living in me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment