2.04.2010

Slow and steady...

"Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life and repeat to yourself the most comforting words of all; this, too, shall pass." Ann Landers

In my program and my life I expect miracles, and they happen. My sobriety, my work, my daily life, my family, my daughter, all these things are nothing short of miracles considering how much damage I have done drinking. The truth of the matter is this. Not everything in life is going to be a miracle. Getting sober does not mean no more challenges.

For everyone, trials happen. Has anyone ever said "Bad things happen to Good people."? The truth is BAD THINGS HAPPEN!!! It is no surprise to anyone that I say this. Sometimes my EGO, says, "You quit drinking why is all this bad stuff happening, see you should just drink!". The reality is this, if I have four problems, and I go drink I will have at least one more, if not MANY MANY more.

In life, if we can stay centered and follow whatever path we choose to be right, and do it humbly. We shall reap many many rewards, here and in whatever life we believe afterwards.

Today I am grateful for:
  • Progress rather than perfection.
  • A new meeting tonight at the club that is supposed to be great.
  • My voices slowly changing...
  • ....and me having tools to change them.
  • That I am not the only one in America lost when it comes to the show "Lost".

No comments:

Post a Comment