8.25.2009

One Foot forward...

Putting it simply, recovery for me is putting one foot forward, shutting up when I want to react, and delaying any gratifications that I have...really that is the sum of all my parts. I want to react, I want to scream, I want to fantasize about how really bad people think of me.....but in recovery I can not do that. I can wait, pause and react. I have been concentrating on balance...to keep my mental, physical and emotional things in check....that has been the hardest yet. I have a great plan to get better physically and I love my recovery, however I need to balance the three so as to get everything firing on the same cylinders.

I love change, I know at 38 I can change, I know I can make myself what my Higher Power has always seen in me...I know I can become at 6 or 60 the best me possible...

Today I am grateful for:
  • Doing well at my job.
  • My wife and her trust, no matter how many times I break it, she freely gives as long as I am trying, which I always am.
  • Football season, really need I say more.
  • God being there, whispering...loving...and waiting.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say I love football! That and your old! Glad to know you hear God a little more these days. That always makes my day better.

    ReplyDelete