4.08.2009

Let Go....

For me letting go has been the hardest part of sobriety. Its as if I still want to believe I am in control, that what I do can make or change my disease. Alas, it cannot. The more I realize this, the better off I am going to be. I remember all the times I tried to control my drinking and its wreckage, it was like trying to stop a train with a rubber band. Not gonna happen....Its with the help of the big book and meetings, that I can fully let go. Now lets be honest here, I am no where near letting go completely, however, each day I can try to let a little more go, and let God have a little more of me.

Today I am grateful for:
  • The cough finally leaving me..
  • My honesty with my wife this morning.
  • The ability to work hard, and to be employed.
  • Taking a moment for myself this afternoon outside and just feeling the sun on my face.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes. Seems we can only practice letting go and turning it all over to a Higher Power. It's all about the practice--not attaining perfection.

    ReplyDelete