4.19.2009

Taking out what I put in...

In 24 hours a day today it talks about taking out good things of life when we are sober. Yesterday it spoke of taking out bad things when we were drinking. This can be no closer than the truth for me. When I am drinking, I completely check out. I am so self absorbed that I don't care or need anything. IT is such a nicer side of the street when I am sober. I interact with people. I take care of myself and my family. I enjoy the time during the day and don't wonder how it is already 9 o'clock at night, and I am drunk. Reaping what I sow has become an important part of sobriety. I can enjoy the fruits of my labor and sometimes just sit and listen is enough for me.

Today I am grateful for:
  • Being sober to watch playoff Basketball.
  • Awaking early this morning and not "coming to"
  • The nice spring weather.
  • The conversation with my mother last night, its nice to start to heal wounds.

1 comment:

  1. Things are changing in your life. It's nice to be present for them, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete