1.13.2010

Funk....Funkdafied.....

At a meeting today the topic was "being in a funk" Within sobriety, and life frankly, we all get down, depressed, glum, sluggish and generally in a funk. The leader asked for sharing on how to get out of this funk. Sometimes when we are in recovery and ALL we do is AA or recovery work, it can drive us insane!!! The best thing to do, for me, when I am in a funk is to help someone else, or talk to someone else. This gets us out of our head, and gets us unfocused on what is wrong with us, we get to feel how someone else is doing. Getting involved with helping someone else gets us out of our VERY SELFISH mode and our funk.

Today was rough for me, I am not sure why, but without pain there is no change. I am changing and I am feeling good about it...

Today I am grateful for:
  • Some pain to get some gain...
  • God helping my family and myself..
  • Honesty coming out in my life.....

No comments:

Post a Comment