5.26.2009

If you seek Him...

"(c) That God could and would if He were sought." Pg. 60 Alcoholics Anonymous

The key to this last part is our Higher Power can help us if HE were sought. There is no beating this disease without seeking first our Higher Power. He is not going to come down from on high and touch us and cure us. Much to my chagrin. To get the help from our Higher Power, we must seek out the ways to connect. Prayer and Meditation being the most important ways. These things I have been trying to learn on a daily basis. I feel like I am slacking a bit in that department. The first thing I need to do is hit my knees in the morning, and the last thing I need to do is to hit my knees at night. To stay connected is the only way to relieve myself of these demons and to stay sober.

Today I am Grateful for:
  • The past weekend, it was nice to have an extra day.
  • Coolness in the morning, I don't like it being so hot when I first get up.
  • My favorite meeting tonight.
  • Meeting with my sponsor and starting Chapter 1 of the Big Book. This is how we are going to do the steps and I am excited.
  • Having a job.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Funny how God can and will help us...but first we have to ask! And honestly all these CA references are just mean spirited!

    ReplyDelete