5.12.2009

Uncover-Discover-Discard...

Yesterday a wise old timer spoke these words while speaking to a meeting. I stopped and wrote them down. He went on to say get rid of these things that we are finding out while in recovery, don't beat yourself up anymore over our mistakes. Too often Alcoholics love to "be on the cross". The truth is we love to see and be seen, and suffer all too endlessly for our transgressions. Luckily in this program we can learn not to do this. I do this all the time. I try and punish myself endlessly for things I have to let go. It was good to hear this message, good to know that I am not the only one that feels this way. What a blessing it is to know I don't have to hold on to those character defects, or flog myself over my transgressions. I can let them go, and they don't have to be mine anymore. Very cool concept indeed....

Today I am grateful for:
  • My favorite stag meeting tonight.
  • The fog that is being lifted from my mind, my thoughts are getting clearer the farther away from the drink I get.
  • One day..Today...
  • Trust slowly coming back to my marriage.

1 comment:

  1. All that old baggage only holds us down. It's good to be light and free!

    ReplyDelete