5.27.2009

Skipping Stones...

In a meeting this morning the speaker shared an analogy I had never heard before. He compared alcoholics to skipping rocks on a lake. When you first do it the rock hits the lake and bounces really high, then skips again, not as high, and continues skipping till the intervals are less and less and eventually the rock sinks. He likened that to us with our drinking. We hit bottom then rocket up again, hit again and then only go up a little...and so on until our drinking has us sinking to the bottom of a lake. It takes what it takes I hear, and for me I am done with skipping on the top of a lake, I will take the shore or a nice peaceful boat any day!!!

Today I am Grateful for:
  • The speaker and his words that corrected some stinking thinking I had.
  • Summer dress attire at work. NO MORE TIES till fall!!!
  • Feeling a bit more rested than yesterday.
  • My daily reprieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment