5.11.2009

Thy Will, not mine...

"If we still cling to something we will not let go, we ask God to help us be willing."
Alcoholics Anonymous, p.76

Last night I went to a meeting where step 3 was the topic. Truly turning over my will has been the hardest thing ever. Self will has made me run amuck for over 37 years. My life run my me is not a life I want. This morning I gave it over to God and am learning each day to do so. Its almost as if what I want doesn't matter, only what I can do to be shown how to live. Each day I do this, I become closer to my Higher Power. Closer to losing this obsession and closer to fulfilling the promises.

Today I am grateful for:
  • Making it a GREAT Monday.
  • My seriousness in recovery.
  • So many meetings that I like being available today.
  • My will being turned over today, if I can be honest and humble, and the great things that will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment