5.28.2009

In the Herd...

This time around I am staying in the middle of the Herd. That is the way people stay sober in AA, connected and together. It was hard for me before, I thought I was unique and special. That my alcoholism was different than all these other people...not true. Alcohol is the great equalizer and will bring people to their knees all together. I hope that I stay in the middle of the herd and help those I can. I call people and I try to make meetings early and stay late, all to find people to connect with, even if it is for a brief moment.

Today I am Grateful for:
  • Last Dentist appointment for a little while.
  • Finally being somewhat organized at work? Till tomorrow I guess!
  • Early rising and some alone time.
  • The calm in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment